Tuesday, December 29, 2020

2020 books review

 I read 33 books in 2020. 

My favorite non fiction was We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran Foer it is about Climate Change and what the individual can do about it. It is slightly poetic and surreal which I like in non fiction books. Runner up was The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution by Richard Dawkins. He is a really good writer and knows evolution really well.

My favorite fiction was Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky. I love his awful protagonists. On that note Exciting Times by Naoise Dolan is probably the book I would recommend that you might actually read. Pretty unpleasant, as in believable, characters, great dialog. And a quick fun read.


I love detective books. Classic stuff without autopsies and graphic murders. And I never get who did it. The best I read this year was The Inugami Curse by Seishi Yokomizo. If you know of any good classic crime fiction translated into English please let me know in the comments. 


No comments: