Youtube takes in videos, allows you to easily add them to your blog. There is some searching and idiotic comments on the site but the big deal is
1. Take in data
2. Store it forever
3. Make it easy to embed in another website
What other kinds of data can this be done with?
1. Chess viewer
2. Chemicals viewer
4. Other games draughts, dice games etc
6. Knitting patterns
7. Aresti aerobatic symbols
11. Electronic design
13. Knot diagrams
14. All sorts of physics notations. None of which I understand
15. weather data
16. Molecular biology
17. Biomedical data, ecg’s stuff like that
19. Astrology, tarot cards, homeopath recipes, crap like that
20. Surveys. Caves, mountain routes etc
21. Graphs. Google Chart kind of does this already.
22. Maths functions
23. Knowledge representation. Take in a decision tree in Yaml format and turn it into a visual tree graph.
The idea is to make a "tube" website that takes in some data and makes it easy to add visualisations of it to your website. The data is already online, or at least easily placed online what youtube did was make it easily viewable. Searching on your tube website is important but the first thing to do is get it so people can show their data on their website. So what other "tubes" would be interesting/useful? Please comment your thoughts