Monday, February 19, 2007

Zen and the art of Vista
I used Windows Vista on Friday. It is rare that you come across such a Kafakesque bureaucratic nightmare that you would rather go to the post office then try to do anything with your computer. Think of the film Brazil without the comedic interludes.

Another thing that occurs with the endless dialogues is you eventually start becoming philosophical about life. Do I really want to delete this file? What do I really want to do? Where is my life going? Why is their a file system rather then nothing?

Eventually you reach a sort of Zen of inactivity where trying to get your machine to do anything is like a crash course in Phenomenology. I hope this OS never gets used in anything dangerous. 2000 would crash your tank, XP would have been taken over by the opposing army, and Vista will be off with some dining philosophers pondering existence like the smart bomb at the end of Dark Star.

BOMB #20
False data can act only as a distraction. Therefore. I shall refuse to perceive you.

PINBACK
Hey, bomb.

BOMB #20
The only thing which exists is myself.

No comments: